Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 4 & 5

Nathaniel and I visited the Fred Harman Museum.  He is known for his Red Ryder and Little Beaver comic strips and his western paintings.  It is a small museum but for me to see his studio was inspiring.  If you have ever watched The Christmas Story you are familiar with the Red Ryder bb gun.  Mr. Harman's son is the only living heir and he is 82.  The museum guide said they are not sure what will happen to the museum once he dies.
We spent some time in downtown Pagosa Springs shopping.
We always go to this shop.  Lots of pottery, housewares, jewelry.  

"You are my Sunshine" is what I always sang to Nathaniel when he was little.  I also like Cinderella's quote, because I love shoes!
We had dinner at JJ's with the family.  It is where Bob and Danyelle had their wedding reception.  Great food and fun!  Afterwards we had a early birthday party for Heath.  He loved his cupcake.  He doesn't get much sugar.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Changes

What changes are you looking to make this year?  Be it something like losing weight, finding a new job or starting a meditation practice,...