Sunday, April 1, 2012

Kindergarten Birds

Spring!!  Have done birds with every grade in the elementary school. For kindergarten we looked at Eric Carle's books and had fun painting papers the first week. I set up a color station at each table the the children rotated around the room to paint with each color.
I got this idea from Painted Paper.  
The following week I had templates for the children to trace and cut out the parts of the birds.  I had envelopes with their names on them to store all the parts. They created their bird houses using construction paper, rainbow twistables and a strip of painted paper.
The third week we glued it all together. I love these projects and they really brighten up our school hallways. Definitely going to repeat this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changes

What changes are you looking to make this year?  Be it something like losing weight, finding a new job or starting a meditation practice,...