Monday, September 27, 2010

Paul Klee with 1st Grade

I introduced my 1st graders to Paul Klee after doing Piet Mondrian because we are focusing on shape and color.  I love Paul Klee's work!  This is the piece we looked at and than created our own.








I love how different each one is and yet they all followed the instructions.  We started with a circle template that they traced around.  Using a ruler they divided the circle into different shapes.  Features of the face were added and oil pastels were used to color in the shapes.  Black markers to trace over the lines and a watercolor background.  

1 comment:

  1. I also did this with first grade...they had so much fun. Click on the 1st grade archive and you will find it! Thanks for sharing!
    funart4kids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Changes

What changes are you looking to make this year?  Be it something like losing weight, finding a new job or starting a meditation practice,...