Thursday, January 12, 2012

Getting Organized

Recently I moved my studio space from my basement to my upstairs hallway.  I have half the space I had before but feel things are in a better environment on the 2nd floor of my home.  Our basement is finished but it gets very damp even with a dehumidifier.
I need to go through my things and get organized.  I have the pictures of things I have purchased for organization and am hoping I can make the space work for me.  

Love all my art magazines.  When I need inspiration I pull a bunch out and disappear for a while.  

These are great for copy paper.  These will probably stay downstairs on the desk by the printer.

I am obsessed with ribbon.  I think I have 8 of these and still will need some other options for ribbon storage.

My other obsession is paper.  Have used these plastic containers in the past for decorative papers.  Am thinking I may use these for in process work?

Have this and love it!  Just needs some clean-up.

More storage boxes.  Seems there is never enough.

Have used these slide out shelves to store small artwork on.  Will probably keep them for that.

Boxes that fit inside of each other.  Not sure yet what will end up in these.  Maybe yarn?
I have the long weekend so hopefully I can post pics of my newly organized space on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Changes

What changes are you looking to make this year?  Be it something like losing weight, finding a new job or starting a meditation practice,...