Thursday, February 7, 2019

Take the Time



I realize that I rush through things quite often. I tend to be an impatient person, waiting for what's next instead of enjoying the moment.  I have to keep reminding myself to slow down.  It's all on me but I do have to say, living in New Jersey, most of us here are in a hurry to get from point A to B to C.....


A couple weeks ago, I went to Woodstock with my guy and we were going to go hiking.  The trails were covered in about an inch of snow which wouldn't be so bad but underneath it all was very slick ice. Thus ended our hike and instead we wandered across the road to the Tibetan Monastery. We looked through the bookstore and visited the temple. The beauty of such a quiet place.  And the detail of decoration.  People enjoying each moment in their tasks. Creating a space to enjoy and respect the Buddha.


                               


















It reminded me to take time.  Time to just breathe, to just be.  I need to slow down and take a moment.  I've started meditating in the mornings, just for 10 minutes.  It's not always easy, my mind wanders but it gives me a refresh. What do you do to slow your mind down and enjoy the moment?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Changes

What changes are you looking to make this year?  Be it something like losing weight, finding a new job or starting a meditation practice,...